Friday, October 05, 2007

Grinding Down - Opening Up

Hello all. I've found that I've been listening less and less to NPR news these days. I can't say I miss it. I don't want to shut this blog down completely, but I definitely want to extend an invite to others to contribute. If you are interested in writing for this blog please send me an email at mytwords AT ya hoo dot com. If you are one of the frequent reader/posters, then I'll send you a response that will allow you to post directly to the blog. If you are new or unfamiliar to me, I'd like to know a bit about why you'd like to contribute.

If there's no interest, I'll just post occasionally and be sure to add an "Open Thread" Section each week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, MyT...

I dropped by just because tonight - oh, not for the first time - there was a completely biased report from Venezuela (via the sad patsy Juan Forero)which just pissed me off. So... where else can I go to vent and find support?

Last year I dropped by your blog all the time(I suggested that you add the occasional open threads); this year, not so much... because, increasingly, I've been weaning myself, effortlessly, from NPR.

But I hope you do keep this blog going as an oasis for those of us who go online - often furious - for a spring-water of like minds.

I can only speak for myself, but - your blog has done me a world of good.

I don't know what your return to school is directed at, but if it's in any way related to journalism or politics, what better exercise is there than fencing with the fat, flabby, corrupt blather of npr news?

And thanks for all the fish.